- Started in 1980
- Members trained and certified by the University of Georgia
- More than 250 active members
- Support 58 school and 16 community and demonstration gardens
- More than 22,000 hours volunteered in 2017!
Growing a community of educated, service-minded gardeners
Shared values guide our actions:
- Commitment to the environment and each other
- Dedication to educating the community and supporting our schools
- Service-oriented volunteerism
- Willingness to learn
The Master Gardener Volunteers of Cobb County (MGVOCC) supports the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension Service and strives to improve the quality of life in our community by delivering research – based horticultural information, educational programs and projects.