A Message from Our President, Bill Lovelace
Our Master Gardener Volunteers Cobb County (MGVOCC) Board met on March 18 regarding and discussing the proper and prudent actions we should take relative to the COVID-19 virus emergency. We weighed the recommendations of the federal, state, and local governments and decided the following:
- April Plant Sale and Expo CANCELLED.
- The Board will re-evaluate options for a scaled down event(s) to take place later in the year as more information on the disease progression becomes clearer.
- The May Garden Tour is CANCELLED.
- As above, the Board will re-evaluate later in the summer for possible re-scheduling.
- All MGVOCC activities through April are CANCELLED. This includes:
- All educational events (Gardener’s Night Out, Lunch and Learn, etc.)
- The April monthly membership meeting
- All project and activity workdays
We realize what a disappointment this is to all of us, but feel these are the only actions possible to protect ourselves, protect our families, and to do our part to limit the spread of the virus.
There will be other announcements coming out over the next few days and weeks, so please stay alert Check back here for updated news and information as the situation evolves. As we need to stay close to home, engage in gardening activities that help relieve your stress and grow your gardening skills.
Thank you and let’s all stay safe!